This policy is intended to explain clearly and in plain language some of the key processes and procedures that we have implemented to manage your personal information, to protect your privacy and to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 ("Act") and the Australian Privacy Principles. Users of this website (www.metreeater.com) are entitled to expect that any information collected as a result of that use will be treated within these standards.
“We”, “us”, “our”, “MERL” and “Metre Eater Rugby League” means Metre Eater Rugby League (henceforth MERL) ABN 19 038 374 751.
By using this website, applications and services, or otherwise providing us with your information, you acknowledge and agree to us collecting, holding, using and disclosing your personal information as described in this privacy statement.
If you do not wish to be bound by this privacy statement, you should not access or otherwise use this website or services.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The kinds of personal information we collect or which we may hold about you may include:
- your name;
- your address;
- your telephone number(s);
- your e-mail address;
- payment information;
- financial information such as your bank account details;
- transaction information;
- feedback and complaints;
- information contained on identification documents (such as driving licences) and, in some specific cases, copies of such identification documents, where we require these to verify your identity;
- information on how you use our products and services;
- your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, server address, domain name and information on your browsing activity when visiting one of our websites;
It would be very unusual for us to need to collect all or even most of the above information from you, however the information we will require will depend on the specific service or services that we are providing to you. We will only collect personal information from you that we reasonably require in order to satisfactorily perform the services that you require from us.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
The main ways we collect personal information are:
- during your order or purchase of products from us;
- when you contact us, make an inquiry, make a complaint, provide feedback, seek a refund or attend an event;
- from our website host Shopify and from our delivery service ShipBob.
- if you interact with us via social media platforms;
- if you participate in any competition or promotion that we conduct;
- from publicly available sources, including from Australian Government agencies, internet search platforms and social media platforms such as Facebook;
- from any person authorised to act on your behalf or authorised to provide your personal information to us;
- from anyone sharing information with us for loss prevention and/or law enforcement purposes; and
Web hosting and payment processing services
Shipping and delivery services
Social networking services
We may use social networking services such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, Instagram and Yammer to talk with the public. When you talk with us using these services we may collect your personal information to communicate with you and the public.
The social networking services will also handle your personal information for their own purposes. Their services have their own terms and conditions and privacy policies. To view their Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policies please refer to their websites.
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information about you where it is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, one or more of our functions or activities, which include:
- providing you with products and/or services you have ordered/purchased;
- dealing with requests, enquiries, complaints, consumer guarantee or warranty claims, and other customer care related activities;
- marketing our products and services and providing advice on our products;
- making recommendations or suggestions to you in relation to our products and services;
- developing and improving our products and services (for example, through customer reviews and surveys);
- payment processing;
- processing a refund or exchange of a product;
- carrying out certain security checks;
- interacting with companies or organisations with whom MERL has a business relationship;
- reconciling payments due to MERL from suppliers in relation to goods or services provided to you by those suppliers;
- complying with our obligations under agreements with third parties;
- carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement that we have to comply with, or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution.
We may also use and disclose your personal information for other purposes related to those described above which would be reasonably expected by you.
There is no obligation for you to provide us with any of your personal information but if you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide the information, goods or services that you require.
HOW WE STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION
MERL holds personal information as part of customer records and other electronic documents on which personal information is contained which are stored on our information technology systems and servers operated by third parties who provide services to us in connection with our business.
When no longer required, we destroy or archive personal information in a secure manner.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF AUSTRALA
Some of our service providers may be located overseas or may store information (including your personal information) that we provide to them overseas. We may also provide your personal information to MERL affiliates operating overseas. Therefore, the personal information you provide to us may be held overseas. We require overseas recipients to use personal information only for the purpose provided and to implement confidentiality and data protection arrangements. Your information may also be stored on computer servers located outside of Australia. Any offshore disclosures will be to entities located in the United States of America, the United Kingdom, European countries and the Asia Pacific region (including but not limited to China, India, Bangladesh, Singapore, Vietnam and Hong Kong).
HOW TO ACCESS AND CORRECT INFORMATION HELD ABOUT YOU
You have the right to both ask:
- for access to personal information that we hold about you
- that we correct personal information we hold about you.
If you ask, we must give you access to your personal information, and take reasonable steps to correct it if we consider it is incorrect, unless there is a law that allows or requires us not to.
We will notify you in writing, and explain our reasons if we refuse to give you access to, or correct, your personal information.
HOW TO MAKE A COMPLAINT ABOUT PRIVACY
If you wish to complain about how we’ve handled your personal information, first try to resolve the issue with MERL directly.
We will always respond to your feedback.
We will use the information from your feedback to investigate and resolve individual issues. We will also use the information to provide feedback to individuals and third parties involved. Your information will be stored and used to assist us to improve the delivery of our services.
If we do not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you can contact OAIC. The OAIC is independent to us.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
EXPRESS CONSENT TO COLLECTION, STORAGE, USE AND DISCLOSURE